HOW TO CHOOSE A DESIGN
Wall colors and textures are the most important aspects of home decor – your choice of color scheme will affect your furniture and other decor choices. For us, it’s crucial to know which design will work best for us. Choose wrong, and you could be risking an unsatisfied outlook or possible damage to the home!
So before you finalize your design, make sure to study up on whether you should use paint or wallpaper in each room. There’s way more to it than just the color scheme!
For Beginners, the four most important factors to consider while choosing your own wallpaper design include:
The first essential step is to determine the orientation of the wallpaper. If your wall is horizontal, choose only horizontal designs; for vertically oriented walls, go for vertical wallpapers.
Once you have decided the orientation, measure your wall accurately to determine the exact size of the wallpaper required to cover it.
The person living in the room is the best person to decide the theme of the room. At www.wallpaperwalaa.com, we have huge range of themes (Nature, 3D, Kids, Waterfalls, Embossed & many more…). Just keep your imaginations ON and you will come up with the best theme for your area.
It is mostly advised that One or Two Opposite walls area can be selected for the wallpaper implementation. Further the wall/area having windows, cupboards should be avoided, and the plain wall should be selected to avoid the wastage and better look of the theme.
HOW TO ESTIMATE THE AMOUNT OF WALLPAPER NEEDED
You’ll want to accurately estimate the amount of wallpaper needed if you are ordering it, so you don’t discover you are short in the middle of a project.
- Measure the length and height of wall area in inches, you wish to cover in wallpaper.
- Do not include the baseboard and top moldings.
- Increase the length & width with 2 Inches (e.g if you have measured Length = 120 inches & Width =135 inches, you wallpaper order should be with Length = (120 +2)= 122 Inches & similarly Height = (135+ 2) = 137 Inches. We have kept 2 Inches as extra margin to mitigate the risk of short wallpaper.
- Visit the link Wallpaper Design
- Select the category (related to the theme you have planned)
- Go through the available designs
- Select the design you finalized and add it to the cart.
- Before adding the cart it will ask for the following details
- Wallpaper Printing Material (select from drop-down)
- Select the measurement unit Inches
- Enter the measured Length & Height
- It will calculate the wallpaper area in SqFt & will calculate the payable amount.
- If the selected image is not proportionate to the entered sizes, it will ask to crop the image as per the dimension and will give you to option to select the area of design to be printed.
- Once you are done with that, just click “Add to the Cart”
Our wallpapers are designed for easy, DIY, no-mess installation. Using a little water, you can achieve a super-neat installation without any waste of material or effort!
When you buy your wallpaper from us, we send you detailed instructions on positioning and alignment of the wallpaper panels. Follow these instructions carefully and you can create an attractive, customized wall in minutes!
Install Your Wallpaper in 10 Easy Steps: GET. SET. GO!
Make sure all the damaged areas are repaired and your wall surface is smooth. Clean the application area with a sponge and water to remove any debris.
Make registration marks with a pencil on the wall area that you want to cover.
Roll the wallpaper print loosely with the printed side facing in.
Dip the rolled print in water. Keep it submerged for about 15 seconds.
Remove the print from the water.
Fold the print with the printed side facing out, for around 1 minute.
Place the print on the wall, overlapping the registration marks made earlier.
Smooth out the panel on the wall using a sponge. All bubbles should be leveled in this process. Don’t worry about smaller bubbles. These will evaporate automatically as the print dries up.
Remove excess water using a sponge and leave the paint to dry for 15-30 minutes.
Carefully trim excess material along the corners with a sharp knife.
Lo and behold, you have a beautiful striking wall.
Remember, most DIY jobs are better done with an extra pair of hands. Don’t forget to ask a friend for a little help while installing your wallpaper prints, especially on really big walls!
Wallpaper for walls, how to care for it :
- It’s important to have a wallpaper care schedule every 2-3 weeks to keep them sparkling with freshness and radiance.
- When using damp cloth or sponge, always squeeze out excess water and wipe in the direction of the seams/joints
- Although our scratch-proof wallpaper is made from very tough and long-lasting materials and cannot be scrape easily, do not scrub too hard to remove any dust as you may inadvertently tear or damage it.
- Do not use chemical-based detergents as they may damage the smooth surface finish.
- Avoid colored cleaning solutions as they may cause the wallpaper to stain.
With your regular care and maintenance, the habit can make sure a long time better life of your decor, its space’s style, energy, and stability. So keep caring of it.
- Vacuum your wallpaper. The best thing you can do to keep the wall covering in most rooms looking pristine is the simplest: Vacuum it. A soft brush attachment on a vacuum cleaner works best—and is a must if the paper is flocked or has any kind of texture. Start at the top of the wall and work your way down, doing a couple of panels at a time. Be careful of cobwebs. Lift them up with the vacuum; if you try brushing them away, they may streak the wall. Depending on how dusty your house gets, dust every few months. A microfibre cloth on a long-handled sweeper or a clean white cloth wrapped on the end of broom will also work on flat, non-textured wall coverings.
- Clean delicate coverings with dough. Need to clean a stain off a fabric or reed wall covering? You can clean a covering that would be damaged by water using a special product called wallpaper dough, sold at paint stores and home centers. Take a handful of dough from the container, roll it into a ball, and then roll the ball across the wall covering to lift the dirt. When the dough gets dirty, knead the dirt into the center of the ball to expose a fresh surface.
- Test unique or textured wallpaper before washing it. Natural coverings— grass, reed, hemp, cork, leather, fabric—and uncoated wallpaper are easily damaged by water and cannot be washed. To find out if a wall covering is washable, squirt a little dishwashing liquid in water and dab some on the wall in an out-of-the-way spot. If the material darkens or absorbs water or if the colors run—the covering is not washable. Clean it with wallpaper dough.
- Give your kitchen wallpaper an occasional wipe. In rooms where wall coverings are exposed to grease, steam, or active youngsters, dusting is not enough. A light washing every few months is in order. Luckily, the wall coverings used in such areas are usually waterproof sheet vinyl. Give them a quick swipe with a natural sponge dampened in water with a squirt of dishwashing liquid. Make sure that the sponge isn’t too wet—you don’t want the water to seep under the seams and loosen the covering. Also, be sure to clean from the bottom up; that way dirty water that you squeeze out of the sponge won’t flow down over the dirty areas and leave streaks. Even if the covering is labeled “scrubbable,” it’s best not to scrub hard or to use abrasive cleaners or strong household cleansers. Rinse with a sponge dampened in clean water. Pat dry with a towel. If the paper needs a second washing, let it dry thoroughly first.
- For your hand protection use rubber gloves
- Do not over-wet the wallpaper
- Take care to keep water from soaking into Wallpaper seams
- As possible remove the stain quickly.